Much Ado About Nothing

Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm It

Rebecca tagged me for this a couple of weeks ago, and I am just now getting around to it. I am supposed to list 8 things about myself, and then tag 8 more people to do it on their blogs. I only know two other people with blogs (Rebecca and Jeff) and one of those has already done it. John Rice doesn't have one, but I tag him to leave his in the comments.

Here I go. I'm pretty boring, so I hope these don't put you to sleep.

1. I was born and raised in Rockford, IL. For those of you who don't know, Rockford is near the northern border. You could be in Wisconsin in no time at all. There isn't much to say about Rockford. It's your average midwest city. It gets cold in the winter. Some roads have more holes than swiss cheese, due to road salt. A few celebs from Rockford include, the rock group Cheap Trick, Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child, Susan St James (Kate and Allie), and the woman from Perry Mason. There are probably others of which I am unaware. There really isn't much to say about it, except that it is home and that makes it special to me.

2. I voted for George W Bush twice, and I am proud of it. Well, mostly proud. I hated his amnesty for illegal immigrants idea, and hate that he dropped the ball on social security reform. I really was behind that! Our economy is better than ever due to his tax cuts (see previous post) He is also tough on national security, against abortion, embryonic stem cell research, and gay marriage.

3. As you can probably tell from #2, I am a political conservative. In my old age, I have started following politics pretty closely. It's funny as a child, I was always griping about the news. It was boring, or depressing. Now I have it on pretty much all the time. I have a pretty good idea who I want in '08. I really like Mitt Romney..or maybe Fred Thompson, if he ever officially announces. Giuliani is tough on terror, but that's about it, and is liberal on issues like abortion and gay marriage, which I oppose.

4. Again goes along with 2 and 3. I listen to talk radio. Something I would never have done when I was younger, but there just aren't any new musicians out there to get excited about. My favorite conservative talk show host is Glenn Beck. Unfortunately, for some reason he was taken off the air in Louisville. Perhaps I was his only listener here. I see his tv show from time to time, and have found his radio show at night on a station out of Nashville. Rush Limbaugh is also very informative.

5.(No more politics, I promise) I own all 10 seasons of Little House on the Prairie. This is thanks to my mother in law and my husband.

6. I am a member of the church of Christ. This means that our worship services follow the example set in the New Testament of the Bible. We do not use musical instruments in worship. There are several Bible verses that command "sing and make melody in your hearts" There are none that say use musical instruments. This could be another post, there really is a lot to say on biblical issues.

7. I love useless information. I remember a lot of what I saw on TV. I only wish I could market my love of trivia and my my spelling abilities. Maybe then I could quit my job.

8. I am an internet/email junkie. I blame this on the fact that I met my husband online, that's when my constant email checking got started.

Ok, I tag John R, and Jeff, and anyone else who would like to play along.

1 Comments:

  • 8 THINGS ABOUT JOHN RICE

    1. I once caught a 14 foot aligator. I AM THE ORIGINAL CROCODILE HUNTER.........sort of. I was fishing in the lake in my grandparents backyard in Florida circa 1982. It is pretty common for aligators to live in the numerous lakes down there. This one was close. My grandmother had the brilliant idea that if I cast my line close to it, it would leave. I cast. The line got hooked on it. It took off. I was afraid of having to let go of the fishing pole. She ran in to get the scissors. She cut it. The line shot into the lake. I never took her advice again!

    2. I have a hairy back. Nuf said.

    3. I thought O.J. was innocent at first.

    4. I, too, voted for Bush twice, but I regret it. Atleast the lies during the Clinton era were just about sex and real estate deals.

    5. I think Dick Cheney makes Nixon look like a boy scout.

    6. I hate politics. If we could quit pulling left & right, we could actually go straight! I know it is too idealistic, but I get tired of both parties playing childish tug of war games on taxpayer time. I wish somebody was more concerned about America than how much power their party has!

    7. I am addicted to trading cars. Wait! Was this suppost to be something you didn't know? I am now thinking of getting rid of the Bimmer for a crew cab truck. BTW, somebody keyed my car a few days ago......

    8. I know the lyrics to most music from the 80's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home