Much Ado About Nothing

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm Baaaaaack.....
...by popular demand. I took a longer hiatus than really planned. I had gotten discouraged and didn't think anyone was reading. I really don't blame anyone. My life is pretty boring. But one of the two greatest brothers- in- law in the world, told me I was one of the only websites he looked at, and had really missed it, I decided to give it another try. Today's topic is cars, since John Rice asked so nicely.
A couple of weeks before Christmas, we traded in our 2003 Buick Regal, which was a good car, but was getting up there in miles. In its place we got a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. I love the car! It is a pretty silver color. I love silver cars. (I was also happy to not have a white car, since my 1996 toyota is white and the buick was also white)
Anyway, JD and I did kind of a car swap. He is driving my Toyota the 80 mile round trip to work, as it is more fuel efficient. I love my Toyota. I have had it for 10 years now, and have never had any major problems with it. I lovingly refer to it as my "energizer bunny car" it keeps going, and going, and going. Now I know I have room in my heart for the love of more than one car. Ok, so I am being silly. But when the time comes to get rid of the tercel, I may shed some tears. It was the first car I bought and paid off!
Back to the Malibu..it really is a great car. It has a lot of cool features, like automatic locks, windows, cruise control, remote car start. The remote car start has become a favorite feature on these cold winter days. It's pretty cool to start the car from the house, and have it warm and cozy when I get in. Something I don't like about this purchase, is that after owning it only a month, we had to pay registration and taxes already. Keep in mind neither of our birthdays are in the month of January, so it came as a bit of a surprise. The car was previously registered in January and time was up, so I renewed it for a year and a half, so I don't have to worry about it again for a while.

2 Comments:

  • Welcome back!!! I missed your presence in the blogosphere too!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 5:53 PM  

  • Thanks for doing one on the car! I have been checking to see if you would do it. It is so nice to not see Nov. 14 as your last update.

    Here are all the cars I have had since I was 15. Yes, I got my first car when I was 15.

    1) 1972 VW Bug. Painted it myself. I changed the oil and found pieces of a piston.

    2) 1976 Chevy Chevette. I had a hard time selling this one since somebody shot at me and it had a few bullet holes in it.

    3) 1970 Olds 98 Convertible. The power seat was stuck all the way up and back. It was like being in a dentist's chair.

    4) 1978 Chevy LUV truck. Dad gave me this rust bucket if I would get the previous car out of his driveway.

    5) 1973 VW Squareback. Had been in storage for over 10 years. It had just over 10,000 miles on it. The inside was perfect.....until I got it.

    6) 1984 Toyota Celica GTS. My first nice car. Had to sell it because the insurance company found my reckless driving ticket.

    7) 1981 VW Rabbit. THis was my mom's old car. Rhonda and had this one when we were married.

    8) 1984 Nissan Stanza. Nice car, but it was from Canada. The speedometer was in Km/h. I fooled some people into thinking we were doing 100 MPH, but it was really only 62 MPH. Rhoonda and I would sit on the porch and watch it rust.

    9) 1986 Dodge Colt. Bought it from my uncle. The car sucked, but was priced right.

    10) 1996 Geo Prizm. Our first brand new car!!! Sold it when we had Stuart. Practically gave it away since BIG SUV's were so hot back then. Gas was about 96 cents a gallon, so nobody wanted an economy car.

    11) 1992 Ford F-150. Used this for the Lawn Care biz. A great truck. I sold it to a firend for more than I had paid for it 2 years prior. I still am friends with the guy and he still has it.

    12) 1993 Plymouth Voyager. We bought a minivan since we had just one kid. Crazy. I bought this right before Christmas since I knew we would have to bring back sooooo much stuff home from Rhonda's parent's house. Her parent's now have this van.

    13) 2000 Olds Sillouhette. Yes, that is really how it was spelled. This is the van I bought to replace the old red van. Problem was it was in the shop all the time, which left me driving the old red van, which left me hating this van. The icing in the cake was when they told me the steering was about to go out at 34,000 miles. This is the vehicle that caused me to promise to NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER buy another GM car again. After this car, I didn't even want a Corvette. No offense Ginger and Baker-Hartman's, as I know you all have GM cars!

    14) 1999 Ford Explorer. I really liked this car.

    15) 1999 Chrysler Town and Country Limited. I liked the stereo in this van alot. It looked like a million dollars.

    16) 1997 Mercury Mountaineer. I really loved this SUV. It had a big V-8 and all wheel drive. It got 11 MPG on a good day. I should have kept this one!

    17) 2002 Toyota Sienna. There is nothing really to love about a Toyota, except for the fact that there is nothing to hate about them. This has been a very very reliable and boring box on wheels for us. It was a wise buy since it had so few miles on it. Today we have about 43,000 on it. Even though it will last forever, we will not keep it that long. Look for this one to replace the old red van at Rhonda's parents in several years.

    18) 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was a Jeep thing, and I still don't understand it! This vehicle was miserable in everyway. This is the only car I have had that THE MINUTE I drove it off the lot, I regretted it. It is the car that made me swear I'd never buy another Chrysler product.

    19) 2001 BMW 325 Xit. This is an all wheel drive wagon version of the "3 series". The build quality of these cars is awesome. Everybody asked why I got the wagon. Well, I just like it, okay?

    20) 2001 BMW Z3 roadster. This is the James Bond car. Rhonda picked this one. It is a car that wouldn't have been on my radar for a sports car, but I am glad we have it. It is fun and very very very fast. We don't drive it in the winter, so the battery probably is dead by now. It is fun to see Rhonda drive it.

    There you go. That is all 20 cars I have had in 22 years. Next? another BMW 3 or 5 series. Used ofcourse! If these German cars get to be too much to maintain, or the housing market slows way down, I'll go back to Ford Explorers.

    Thanks for letting me take up so much space on your blog. Enjoy the new car. I look forward to seeing it in my rear view mirror on our next road trip!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home