Baby Mania
Saturday, I co-hosted a baby shower for Jeff and Rebecca. It was great to see them, I only wish they could have stayed around longer, but I understood that they had to get back to Tennessee. That party made me realize what a great family I married into. Everyone pitched in and provided some really great food, and saw to it that Jeff and Rebecca have everything they could possibly need (and then some) to welcome home their new addition. I was amazed that it all went into their car.
I put together a couple of games. Baby shower games are notoriously silly, but I think everyone enjoyed them. I probably had more fun putting them together. Talking over everyone with this cold was a bit diffiicult and left me doing my best Peter Brady impersonation. Overall, I think all who were in attendance had a good time. It's a rarity to get the whole family together, and it was great to see everybody. I even got acquainted with Rebecca's dad and "bonus" mom, who were very nice. I enjoyed getting to know them. A good time was had by all.

2 Comments:
Thanks again for hosting the baby shower! I'm glad you got a chance to get acquainted with my dad and bonus mom. Sometime you'll have to meet my sisters too.
This is, indeed, a very generous family. Sometimes, almost too generous...
By
Rebecca, at 12:09 PM
I felt the same way when I married into this family. The same group (plus the other Howard sisters that have passed) put on our wedding reception. I think they had more fun working it than they would have had if they had just been attendees. (I know that is a bad grammer sentence. I have been paranoid since you revealed that is one of your pet peeves.)
Our baby shower was just like Jeff and Rebecca's. (Bad grammer again? I wonder if I should say Jeff's and Rebecca's?) Anyway, Sis-in Law, WAIT UNTIL IT IS YOUR TURN! You will also end up with everything you need plus some.
I am just glad that somebody else in the Baker limb of the family tree is having a baby. Now the In-Laws will have to split the Christmas money 3 ways intead of just 2!
P.S. I liked Rebecca's Bonus Mom too. She seemed really fun. Does that make her Jeff's Bonus mother in Law?
By
Anonymous, at 9:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home