Much Ado About Nothing

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day Fun!
With my job, it is very rare to get a holiday weekend off. Due to a problem with scheduling, I got this entire weekend off and enjoyed it thoroughly. Today the family came over for a cookout. The menu included ribeye steaks, hamburgers, hotdogs, hashbrown casserole, pasta salad, a vegetable casserole, and probably something else that I am forgetting at the moment. Oh yeah, I can't forget the desserts. There was apple pie, a pecan praline cake, and chocolate 4 layer dessert. Everything was so good.
Besides eating, we watched "Emergency" dvds ( a birthday gift for my husband). I watched that program as a child and hadn't seen it in years. It was fun to remember the old shows, and to look at how things like the clothing styles have changed in 30 years. We also watched some "Dukes of Hazzard" reruns. (My 2 nephews are crazy about the Dukes. One of them says when he grows up he is going to change his name to Bo Duke). Also, my brother-in-law, John, let me drive his new (well, more like gently used) BMW around the neighborhood. How fun! It will likely be the only time I am behind the wheel of a BMW.
A good time was had by all, and of course we all ate way too much. Nobody should have to cook again for a day or two, with all the leftovers.

3 Comments:

  • Ginger,

    I wanted you to know how much I appreciated you & Johnny having us over. I ALWAYS look forward to spending time with you two. We really had a terrific time. I love the fact that my boys have you both as an aunt and an uncle. Seeing them hug you, or look at Johnny's nascar collection with him makes me happy. I know these little things will become great memories when they are grown.

    I am glad you like my car. I really love it and enjoy letting friends/family drive it. I don't do this to show it off or anything. I am just a car nut and really enjoy the quality and performance of it, and hope others appreciate it for those qualities. Five years old does make it a used car however. BTW, It only cost about as much as a new Hyundai or Kia would have, so it ain't like I spent a fortune.

    I was going to e-mail you today anyway to tell you this, since I am not good at being serious in person. This was just too easy to comment on the blog.

    John"Pleaseletmesellyouahouse"Rice

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 PM  

  • Next year, we're inviting ourselves over!!!

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 10:27 AM  

  • You are always more than welcome. I don't think I have seen the whole Baker family together since my wedding. It would be nice for us to all get together sometime.

    By Blogger Ginger, at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home