Much Ado About Nothing

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Disturbing Headline
I heard a story in the news yesterday that really disturbs me! A judge in Nebraska let a convicted pedophile off with 10 years probation due to his short stature. He's 5'1". The judge was afraid for his safety in prison. Since when is the safety of a criminal more important than that of children? I think maybe he gave up his right to feel safe when he molested a young girl. Prisons are unpleasant for a reason, which is to deter criminal activity. This judge was way too lenient.

1 Comments:

  • Amen sister! I think that there is probably a special place in hell for pedophiles and I don't think this guy should have been given any special treatment just because of his height. Maybe (MAYBE!) once he was in prison, if he was being treated extra badly by the other prisoners, he could have been moved to a different area or something, but to just assume that prison was going to be too hard for him, well that's just dumb.

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home