Goodbye, Jack Bauer...
..Until next year anyway! Mondays are moving back to the most mundane day of the week due to the loss of 24. I am suffering withdrawal and don't know what I am going to do Monday nights at 9:00. I guess I will get a lot more reading done.
The finale was action packed as usual. If you're a fan and plan to watch later, you may not want to read any further. If not, you probably don't care and may not want to read any further. Regardless, that's what's on my mind today, so that's what I'm talking about.
As usual, justice was done and the evil President Logan was taken down. He was so pompous and thought he had gotten away with killing an ex president, selling tear gas to terrorists, and by doing so, killing millions of Americans. This season has been tough to watch as a fan because they killed off so many really good characters. We mourned the deaths of President David Palmer, Michelle Dessler, and Tony Almeida. Oh yeah, and I can't forget Edgar Stiles..or "Edgarburger" as he was affectionately known in our house. Other than that, the season was great. One of the best parts is we only saw Jack's daughter in two episodes. (She has another affectionate nickname...Stuck on Stupid) How can the daughter of a secret agent have no street smarts whatsoever? She gets in cars with men she doesn't know and then wonders why she has been kidnapped. DUH! Anyway, her absence wasn't exactly a bad thing. One complaint about the finale. It ended with President Logan doing the eulogy at the burial of David Palmer, the previous president, only a mere 24 hours after his death. Don't deceased presidents usually get to lie in state for several days before burial? The last few minutes my hero Jack, wasn't such a hero, when he was kidnapped by the Chinese. (Refer to season 4). I predict Day 6 will deal with him trying to escape the Chinese who want his head on a platter.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home