Not That Lucky
Last night I almost had a close encounter of the celebrity kind. The tour bus of the country duo, Montgomery Gentry, was parked outside the department store where I work. I am told that is not unusual, being from central KY, they have shopped there before. However, I thought I had outgrown being star-struck. (I took my Kirk Cameron posters down around 1990.) For a brief moment in time, I really thought they would get off that bus and walk through the door. As I had been posted at the door for my entire 8 hour shift, which is not my usual job, I was getting rather bored and needed some excitement. I watched and waited, to no avail! It was only the bus driver buying several bags of ice. Of course it wasn’t them. I am not that lucky!!
Last night I almost had a close encounter of the celebrity kind. The tour bus of the country duo, Montgomery Gentry, was parked outside the department store where I work. I am told that is not unusual, being from central KY, they have shopped there before. However, I thought I had outgrown being star-struck. (I took my Kirk Cameron posters down around 1990.) For a brief moment in time, I really thought they would get off that bus and walk through the door. As I had been posted at the door for my entire 8 hour shift, which is not my usual job, I was getting rather bored and needed some excitement. I watched and waited, to no avail! It was only the bus driver buying several bags of ice. Of course it wasn’t them. I am not that lucky!!

2 Comments:
Siter in Law, One of the band members for that group lives in my neighborhood. He had a Pontiac GTA for sale. I saw the sign and stopped by. He asked if I had ever heard of Montgomry Gentry. I hadn't, but was sure he was about to tell me. I almost said something like, "Yeah! You guys did my taxes last year." Doesn't that band's name sound like a law or accounting firm? Happy blogging.
By
Anonymous, at 3:55 PM
Heh. Kirk Cameron. Wow fire up the Dr. Who machine.
:)
By
Captain Fatbody, at 11:58 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home