Much Ado About Nothing

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Kansas

Last week my better half and I took a trip to Kansas to visit my brother, Scott, and his wife, Denise and Hannah, the sweetest baby girl ever. We had a good time. I had not been out there in 5 years. I had seen them on visits to Illinois, but it seems like the visits are always too short.

We arrived Thursday evening, May 3rd. The drive took about 12-13 hours. We didn't stop much so we made pretty good time. We visited a few hours before going to bed.

On Friday, we got out and ran around. We went to Borders, and then to McAllister's Deli for lunch. That evening Denise and Scott went to dinner for her work. JD and I stayed behind to babysit. We were invited to go to dinner with them, but we felt like spending time with the baby would be much more fun.

Saturday began with the news of the tornado in Greensburg. We were unaware of it until the news that morning. Later,we dropped Hannah off at her grandmother's and went to see Spiderman 3. The movie was good. I had seen the first one, but not the second. I really didn't feel like I was missing details by not seeing Spiderman 2. The movies probably can be watched independently of the others. After dinner we had dinner in Yoder, KS (an Amish community) at a restaurant called Carriage Crossing. The food was really good, and there was lots of it! Then we went to pick Hannah up and went back home. I couldn't help but notice how Hannah's face lit up when my brother got out of the car. She is obviously daddy's little girl.

Sunday we went to church. At the beginning of the service the neighborhood tornado sirens were going off. After listening to the weather it was determined that the storm was for another area, and we would continue. The weather remained questionable so we got up a little before the end of services and went home to the basement. The storm quickly passed over and we enjoyed a peaceful afternoon.

Monday we took a field trip to Abilene, KS to the Presidential Home and Library of Dwight D Eisenhower. We only had time for the museum. I highly recommend it if you are ever in the area.

The highlight of my trip, however, was my niece Hannah. She is 6 months old and at a really fun age. She was a little fussy because she is most likely teething, but she really likes to play and has a beautiful smile. I love to watch her sit and play with her feet. I had a really hard time leaving her. She'll grow a lot before I get to see her again.

1 Comments:

  • 12-13 hours? How fast was Johnny going? Glad you had a good time. I am really just writing something so you know somebody hits your blog!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home